I am a self motivated, hard working individual with a passion for design, 3d visualising, CAD and the finer details. Finding simple, effective solutions to what first appear complicated challenges is what I relish.
I hold a partner (migrant) (class bc) partner (subclass 100) visa. I am eligible to work in Australia.
Freelance 3d Visualisation and CAD Sept 2010 – Present
Working on a number of freelance projects applying recently enhanced 3d Studio Max skills to deliver a variety of visual client solutions.
• Plans and 3d visuals for a new house build in Kuranda, QSD
• Product development and visualisation
• Interior layouts and visualisations (Commercial offices and Event spaces)
• On-going training and development
Clients Include: Kempster Ltd, Margaret Jones, Sealift2 Int.
Chief Designer, Sealift2 International Ltd Nov 2003 – Sept 2010
Isle of White
Responsible for the design and development of a revolutionary twin hulled floating dry dock and associated systems. Involved with the project from the initial outset, working closely with the inventor and production teams to deliver products that are being marketed on an international scale. For more information See www.sealift2.com
• Managing the creative process from the initial concept through to implementation
• Fundamental understanding of the impact of design decisions on all aspects of a project i.e. financial, production lead times, material choice etc
• Developing creative solutions to manufacturing challenges
• Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues as they arise
• Managing concurrent timelines and prioritising a busy workload
• Flexible in approach to both design and working practice
• Able to communicate and explain designs and drawings to relevant parties from manufacturing team members to company directors
• Construction of photo realistic computer models and animations from sketch or written briefs
• Creating presentations for marketing, exhibitions and attracting potential investors
• Producing manufacturing CADS for prototype and full scale production
• Sourcing and managing supplies, including briefing intent
Travelling Nov 2002 – Nov 2003
I spent 1 year travelling throughout New Zealand, Australia and Bali where I was able to indulge my passion for photography. It gave me the confidence and desire to take on more professional responsibility in my next role.
Concept Designer, Havelock Europa PLC Aug 2000 – Oct 2002
A key member of the in-house design team for the POS division of a leading retails interiors company. Following a three month traineeship after university, under the management of the design director, I was appointed as one of two concept designers.
Working across a number of key client accounts my responsibilities included:
• Undertaking site surveys
• Designing and producing concept visuals for existing accounts and new business
• Producing manufacturing CADS for prototype and mass production
• Producing company portfolios and orders catalogues for existing clients
• Producing assembly and instillation instructions
• Value engineering existing products to reduce cost
Clients Included: Kef, Aramark, Wilkinsons, Kraft, Littlewoods, Reebok, Coprima.
BA (Hons) Furniture Design and Technology 1997 – 2000
London Guildhall University
Foundation Studies Art and Design 1996 – 1997
Camberwell College of art and conservation
A Levels Radley College, Oxford 1991 – 1996
Art and Design A
Design & Technology B
10 years experience with Autocad Lt, 3d Studio Max, Adobe Illustrator CS, Adobe Photoshop CS and Microsoft Office. I own and operate my own autocad and 3d Studio Max Software and subscriptions.
I am passionate about architecture, design, engineering, photography, animation, travelling, reading and cooking.
Hold a current, clean NSW driving licence.
Available upon request